Thank you for your patience over these past several months. I have finally finished moving to my new location (see below) and will resume nib repairs and customizations.
Welcome to my Nib Repair and Adjustment Services!
I am proud to offer my services to all fountain pen lovers. I have 23 years of experience with Sailor. I have been blessed with the opportunity to work extensively with "the god of fountain pens" Mr. Nagahara and his son. I learned from them the various subtle causes for a pen to lose its true smooth writing. As for the nib adjustment techniques, I learned directly from one of the most respected Japanese "pen-doctors," Mr. Kawaguchi. In recent years, I have worked as a distributor for companies such as Ancora, Conway Stewart, Sailor, and Stipula. I have extensive experience making repairs and adjustments, especially with those by the aforementioned companies and also those by Conklin, Delta, Ferrari da Varese, Platinum, and Visconti. I hope that my experiences and skills with fountain pens will be able to benefit you.
Nib Repair and Adjustment Price Guide
|Service - click for samples||Price Range|
|Non-Refundable Service Charge*||$15|
|Additional Insurance Coverage||$1.10/ additional $100 coverage|
-Nib and ink flow adjustment
|$20 ~ UP|
|Straightening||$20 ~ UP (quote after examination)|
|Ink Flow Increase/Decrease||$10 ~ UP|
|Nib Modification - see below for details||$30 ~ UP|
- General Adjustment: adjusting the nib, tines, and feeder as well as fixing the pen point so as to bring out the pen's true potential.
Any adjustment will require a combination of the above. An estimate will be provided before work is done.
- Nib Modification:
- Grind down
- Grind existing point down to any desired point size (B to M, MediumFine, F, Extra Fine or Ultra Fine, etc)
- Grind existing 3B, 2B, B, or M point to square shape point for great line variation with great smoothness for daily use
- Grind existing 3B, 2B, B, M, or F point to square shape point with sharper edge for crispy line variation
- Grind square shape nib with an angle to give forgiveness for who rotates pen when grip (Right Foot Oblique, or Left Foot Oblique)
12012 Rose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Contact the webmaster © copyright P.D. Inc. 2008