Welcome to my Nib Repair and Adjustment Services!
I am proud to offer my services to all fountain pen lovers. I have 23 years of experience with Sailor. I have been blessed with the opportunity to work extensively with "the god of fountain pens" Mr. Nagahara and his son. I learned from them the various subtle causes for a pen to lose its true smooth writing. As for the nib adjustment techniques, I learned directly from one of the most respected Japanese "pen-doctors," Mr. Kawaguchi. In recent years, I have worked as a distributor for companies such as Ancora, Conway Stewart, Sailor, and Stipula. I have extensive experience making repairs and adjustments for any brand fountain pens both modern and vintage, especially those by the aforementioned companies and also those by Conklin, Delta, Ferrari da Varese, Platinum, and Visconti. I hope that my experiences and skills with fountain pens will be able to benefit you.
Nib Repair and Adjustment Price Guide
|Service - click for samples||Price Range|
|Non-Refundable Service Charge*||$20 per batch of order
($10 if drop off/pick up locally)
|Shipping Insurance Coverage||Available at separate cost|
|Straightening (with all necessary adjustments)||$40 ~ UP (quote after examination)|
|Nib Modification - see below for details||$40 ~ $50|
- General Adjustment: adjusting the nib, tines, and feeder as well as fixing the pen point so as to bring out the pen's true potential.
Any adjustment will require a combination of the above. An estimate will be provided if more extensive work than described here is necessary, before work is done.
- Nib Modification:
- Grind down: $40
- Grind existing point down to any desired point size (B to M, MediumFine, F, Extra Fine)
- Stub: $40
- Grind existing 3B, 2B, B, or M point to square shape point for great line variation with great smoothness for daily use
- Italic (Oblique [Left-footed, Right-footed], Cursive, or Formal): $40
- Grind existing 3B, 2B, B, M, or F point to square shape point with sharper edge for crispy line variation
- RNCI Rounded Nose Cursive Italic: $40
- This is an extreme version of cursive italic. Requires starting from M or B. Often produces 0.5mm wide up/down stroke with fair amount of line variation. Consider this as a very forgiving Fine Italic point.
- Special Grind: $50
- Japanese Fine (0.3mm), Japanese Extra Fine/Needlepoint (0.2mm), Architect/Hebrew point, Naginata-Togi point (*requires at least B), Saibi-Togi point (*requires M or B)
Adding Flex - Normally Needlepoint + adding flex for Spencerian script writing. (14kt gold nibs only).
Other services: Ink bladder replacement for lever, button, Vacumatic filler pens.
12012 Rose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90066
Contact the webmaster © copyright P.D. Inc. 2008